What are the biggest challenges you've faced and defeated?

Making the decision to start a new business is daunting enough by itself. But when you throw into the mix learning a new platform like Magento, you can run into some serious challenges.

Personally, I’ve ran into many challenges. Some that I’ve overcome and some that still stand in my way. However, I think one of the biggest challenges I’ve had and overcome was probably learning how to install Magento 2.

As you may be aware, I’ve installed Magento 2 well over 30 times now. In order for me to learn something and truly understand it, I have to mess with it and repeat those steps over and over again until it “clicks”.

Before I started using Magento 2, I’d never heard of ‘composer’ and I’d never installed Magento using the CLI before. Now I can breeze through an installation, avoid any issues or quickly diagnose the problems (so long as it’s in a familiar OS environment).

The day that this clicked for me was a huge confidence boost having felt defeated so many times. And the fact that I can now help others in a similar situation makes me pretty happy :grin:

What about you? I’d love to know what challenges you’ve faced and defeated whilst building your Magento store.